Chocolate Dream Cookies
One of the most distinctive flavors of a good Merlot is chocolate. Perhaps this helps explain why Merlot is so popular and widely-consumed. After all, who doesn’t like a hint of chocolate every now and then?
Notes of chocolate help blend together the rich tones of red and black fruits and black pepper. Chocolate adds a bit of depth and sophistication to the typically fruit forward flavors of Merlot. Our absolute favorite way to bring out the chocolate notes in the 2012 Helix Merlot is with our Chocolate Dream Cookie Recipe.
This recipe is to die for and we guarantee it will become an instant favorite in your recipe rotation. Just try not to eat the whole batch before you get a chance to open the Merlot!
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cups sifted cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup unsalted room temp. butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 6 oz. coarsely chopped bittersweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt together in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars together until fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs to the sugar mix and beat well. Slowly stir in the flour mix until incorporated, then fold in chocolate chunks.
- Drop the cookies by teaspoon onto baking sheets. Bake until cookies are puffed and set but still chewy, about 8-10 minutes. Let cool on racks.
Recipe yields about 4 dozen cookies.