Spicy Chocolate Bark
Chocolate bark is one of the easiest desserts you can make, and with a multitude of flavor combinations, this recipe is super adaptable to whatever is in your pantry.
For a Merlot pairing, we recommend using only the smallest sprinkling of cayenne pepper on the top of the chocolate bark. There will be a hint of heat from the cayenne, but the cinnamon spice will linger on the palate, pairing beautifully with our 2012 REININGER Merlot. If you’re looking for more heat and love cayenne, be more generous and try this chocolate bark with our Carmenere.
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 ½ Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. sweet paprika
- Crushed Pistachios to taste
- Red cayenne chili pepper powder to taste
- In a double-boiler, combine all ingredients except the cayenne and pistachio. Stir until chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour chocolate onto baking pan lined with wax paper. Spread out evenly.
- Be creative with decorating the chocolate with a sprinkle of cayenne and crushed pistachios.
- Chill for 20 minutes in the freezer, or until set.
- Break into pieces and store in an airtight container.